Friday, April 15, 2005

Subha NobaBarush - My Last Day in Cal



Bengali New Year and my Last day in Bengal 15.04.2005,Friday
Kolkata

Today is my last day in Kolkata (hope its not so). It may be pretty strange for anyone hearing the bracketed sentence from me.

Life out here has been pretty interesting, lots of Ups and Downs, friendships made, enemies made, mistakes done, lessons learnt, it has been like an interesting novel.

I still freshly remember the moment I knew I have to go to Cal, not much upsets. It was just a bit shock at the initial second, after that everything seems to go normal for me. When every Tamil guy and girls who were allocated along with me where crying to their last tears, everyone felt very different of me, since I just reacted normally (what to do, that is how I felt that time, nothing different :-). Then the travel to Cal, everyone was very upset, it was really a very dull moment. Took a bit time for everyone to gather himself or herself together. During the second day, everyone almost became normal, ready to accept the reality. The travel afterwards became lively, with each teasing the other, talking stories of TVM memories.

My unshaken attitude was moved a bit during the second day in Cal, still not able to express in words, how I felt. But pretty strange to be away from everyone you know. But after that for the next 8 months it was pure fun packed life in the AL-111 house.

May be because, it’s the first bachelor life, lots of freedom, you get a chance to be yourself, I started liking this life a lot. At times I feel that I’m missing my friends a lot, but still there wasn’t much company here in Cal to overcome it, except myself.

Flashback time is over, now it has been 18 months in Cal, couldn’t believe that time is running so fast, and I haven’t yet seen 2 of my best friends for the past 18 months, never it had been like this.

Yesterday I had packed all my belongings, just few things spread out. The day started with a not so great breakfast (I had to leave without eating, it was so horrible), came to office and started running behind people to get the processes done and get my tickets.

Had planned to eat the last day lunch in our famous “MAACHAL KEY JHAL”, but my luck the time I came for lunch it was closed off. Then I thought I’ll have some good lunch in Canteen with ashwin, but that too flopped, we had some cold food, which would have been great if it had been hot :-( . The previous Bengali New Year I had tried the “Maha Bhoj”, I remember it.

Then said goodbye to the Naarial DADA. He was really touched when we considered him as a person and informed him that I’m leaving. He was ready to give his tender coconuts for free :-). (The guy who usually never reduces even a Rupee).

Then in haste, got all the formalities done and it was 6’o clock and the check-in time for my 7:55 flight to Chennai was 7’o clock. Just 1 hr left, I have to go home, pack the leftovers, visit Palanivel Anna’s (The tamil family over here, who helped a lot) house and then leave. But that too I couldn’t make it properly.


I had to miss the cloths given to washing and couldn’t go to Anna’s house since there was a heavy traffic in Ultadanga road. So I have to come all along to Airport alone. The mobile charge was also down and I couldn’t inform known persons over there (Seku, IDM Shiva, Chottu, Karumuri, Veeru, Soorya, Noba-da).

And at last left Cal. I will not mind if I return back to Cal after some long-term assignments.

Got into the flight, and then only remembered that I haven’t taken any sweets in this day or brought any sweets. Thanks to the flight crew, had a sweet in my flight dinner.

15.04.2005, Friday
Chennai

Reached Chennai airport and there was a pretty BIG (indeed very big) shock for me. As I proceeded towards the entrance, I could see Deepa and Subha standing, but I couldn’t believe myself. I didn’t expect anyone to turnaround to the airport at night 11’o clock that surprise visit was a very good gift they could have given me.

Chatted with them for a pretty long time, I was very very happy to see them and chat them at the very immediate moment I landed. Time ran like minutes, them and me had to leave.

The Tamil I heard in the FM radios, the entire environment around me, everyone around me talking in Tamil, I had to enquire in the taxi counter in Tamil… everything seemed to be pretty strange to me (really believe me, nothing exaggerated but this is what I felt exactly). Felt like, I wont fit in Chennai and was happy to be out of Chennai. The first word that automatically came out when I went to enquire in the counter was “DADA” :-).

Time to leave to catch my bus to Madurai.

“Koyembedu” bus stand. TCS medical test memories started to load. A normal thiruvalluvar bus was leaving; I didn’t want to waste my time by waiting for a good bus. Managed to move all those heavy lug gages into bus (and had a good welcome scold/advise from a villager, felt really happy to hear it rather than being irritated :-)). Somehow managed with those uncomfortable seats and those high volume cine clips to go to sleep, with hope to have a good day in Madurai.



2 Comments:

Blogger துடிப்புகள் said...

nice article like calcutta taxi...

now where are you,,
@ madurai?

11:23 PM  
Blogger யாத்ரீகன் said...

Madurai-il naan irundhadhu andha oru naazh mattumay :-(

udanay purapattu, ippo Kaniporiyaalargalin Pugalidamaana US-la irukaen ;-)

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home