Saturday, March 19, 2005

Ever Young ?!


today went to book my tickets for this time trip to home

almost 22 years i've not been out of home more than 4/5 days

(The Army Attachment Camp held at MIG Bangalore during my 2nd year was an exception during

which i was 15 days away from home and had a really great time + wonderfull learning experience)

now for the past 20 months (1.8 years) starting from the Trivandrum training till date,

number of days i've spent in home will not even cross 15 :-D

its been hell lot of difference in just couple of months out of college.

Actually i wanted to be like this (i just smile when i type this sentence, thinking of my

roommate, who is been away from home since his 12 standard and now wishing to spend his life with

his family peacefully, life is really full of Ironies, that too putting two extremesin a room ;-)

this time, my main purpouse of visit to madurai (my home town), is Subha's marriage, the first

marriage in our close gang (there have been couple of marriage's in ourclass but nothing was

close to me). I didnt want to miss subha's marriage , as she has been one among the ver few

(my closest friends) whom i was able to share all my thoughts.So i had planned this vacation for

may now itself and revised it almost 5 times.

The 15 days vacation trip is now reduced to just 5 days

(all because of some prblms over here in Cal)

since its only a 5 days vacation, i decided to go by flight by this time

(my first air travel was by the company during my Delhi deputation, i feel my collar lifting up ;-)

i was standing in the ticket counter booking the ticket.. and when i was asked

for my name, i told senthilkumar and when they asked surname i said. just put 'B' they were a bit

surprised, is it only B .. only B-nu rendu dhadava kaetadhum.. i said.. there is no surname concept,..

plz put B alone.

there was a female standing behind me, she asked me , "are you a south indian ?" ,

when i said yes she asked dont you have surname concept ?

then i said, in south generally we try to avoid the caste name , so we use father's name as surname

just the first character, then she was appreciating that and she asked me which state i exactly

belonged to ? when i said TN , she was asking, is it followed everywhere in TN, i said ,

no its just in use by a majority number of ppl, its just a start for a change.


It'l take time to turn the culture/practice. then she said, yes.. but gud that you ppl

are trying to remove caste differences.

and before going, she asked , am i a student here , when i told i'm working,

she didnt believe at all.


before leaving she left a compliment of saying,

"You look very young like a Student, keep it up " ;-)


whew !!!! all this hours and hours of sitting before that Dumb Box has not make me look Old :-D


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I blog quite often and I truly thank you for your content.
Your article has truly peaked my interest. I'm going to book mark your site and keep checking for new information about once per week. I subscribed to your RSS feed as well.

Also visit my blog ... view it now

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home