Friday, December 10, 2004

Atlast Found Time

i wanted to talk to my AM regarding asking onsite chance.. i was waiting for a right moment.. since basha's request was in process.. i didnt wanted any of that to be disturbed because of my request.. i was waiting..

today morning,.. my AM came to me with anther PM.. he asked me are you busy
i said... i've just started my work.. not gone deep into it..

then he said .. in another DC in kolkata.. another project.. is in crisis because of a java problem.. they asked me for a java resource to look into it.. and give a soln..
and when i asked many ppl.. they all reffered your name.. so will u be able to solve..

then i said.. i cant directly say yes.. i need to know the nature of the problem.. so that i can analyze and say
he said ok let me call them.. then during the call to the PL we found its Oracle 10g server, which was new to me.. but i said.. since its a java problem.. i want to know the nature of the pblm..
so we were waiting for a call from thier developers.. in that mean time.. i thought this is the right moment to talk to him.. cauz.. he had got some gud comments on me and had come to me..

so i started saying "Srijib-da i am curious to know about my next assignment" (inga da potta mariyadhaiku.. like annaen.. ;-) the immediate response from him was.. "What ? Do you also want transfer ?"

i was stunned.. this is cauz.. he knows basha,me,ashwin,anil are all a gang.. we roam together.. and each know others moves.. now since basha and anil asking transfer.. he thought i am a avalach of it..

then i told.. no i am not worried of my transfer now, i am waiting for a good long term onsite chance... this would help me to make be stable financialy also.. then he said. what do you mean by long term.. then i told i dont even mind 1 yr or 3 yr..

this is the right age and situation to go for a long term, as i dont have any immediate commitments.. but later.. once they come.. i cant go..

then he smiled and asked.. so u dont have any immediate marriage plans.. then i told.. nothing like that as of now.. my friends who joined in TCS along with me.. and juniors to me have gone onsite in other branches.. ;-)

then he told.. dont compare onsite,salary and rating.. the capable one may not get it,or the uncapable one may get it.. but sure i will have your REQUEST IN MIND.. that time.. came the phone call.. and i had to break the conversation..

idhaan nadandhu iruku today.. which i didnt expect to happen so fast.. since i wasnt mentally prepared for it.. i didnt say things fully to him.. but atleast having the satisfaction of letting him know..

later i should create a situation soon to get to him regardingthis again..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home